Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 Admissions Process
The entrance exam requirement is waived for Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 admission cycles. Applicants with a cumulative GPA below 3.0 will be required to submit a personal statement and resume here in addition to the existing online application, transcripts and application fee. There is no formula, character limit, or recommendation for writing the personal statement. Look at your own experience and at the opportunity you're applying for with a critical eye.
International applicants, please visit the Global Education Office for more information.
- Must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States or its equivalent in another country. (Accelerated programs, BBA-MACCT, 3-2 MBA, and 2+1+2 don’t have this requirement at time of application submission.)
- Must have a GMAT/GRE score of 500 or better; OR receive a GMAT/GRE waiver. Waiver requirements here.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better. Applicants with a cumulative GPA below 3.0 must submit all application requirements and the additional waiver application here. (PE credits are not included in this calculation)
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program-specific Application Requirements
Master of Accounting (MACCT) Advanced, Tax, Information Assurance Tracks (not Professional)
- Must have earned an undergraduate degree in accounting from an AACSB accredited program. The list of AACSB accredited institutions are available here.
- BBA-MACCT applicants must complete the BBA-MACCT Supplemental Application, available here. It must completed the semester prior to the final semester of the BBA.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative UNM GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Applicants must have completed accounting courses MGMT 340, 341 and 346 with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher in those three courses.