MACCT Curriculum & Concentrations
The Master of Accounting degree offers concentrations tracks. All concentrations are a 33 credit hour program of study.
- Integrated BBA/MACCT Program is modeled after the 3-2 program but is aimed at Anderson undergraduate students with a clear focus on accounting, tax accounting, or information assurance. This program will prepare students to obtain a Master of Accountancy and meet the 150-hour requirement to take the CPA exam in about five years at full time.
- Advanced Concentration is designed for individuals who have already earned a BBA with a concentration in Accounting.
- Information Assurance Concentration is for individuals who have already earned a BBA with a concentration in Accounting.
- Professional Concentration is for individuals who have completed an undergraduate degree in a discipline other than accounting.
- Tax Concentration is designed for individuals who have already earned a BBA with a concentration in Accounting wishing to pursue advanced studies in taxation.
MACCT Curriculum (Effective Fall 2015)
The following table summarizes the required courses for each concentration. Each concentration has different topic requirements which are satisfied by different courses.
|502*||Acct Mgt Info Systems I||Introductory|
|540*||Financial Acctg I||Accounting||Required||Accounting|
|541*||Financial Acctg II||Accounting||Required||Accounting|
|542*||Sem in Personal Tax Planning||Taxation||Required||Taxation|
|543*||Sem in Business Tax Planning||Taxation||Required||Taxation|
|546||Financial Acctg III||Required||Required||Required|
|548||Sem in International Acctg||Accounting||Accounting|
|549*||Acctg Info & Control Systems||Required|
|5541||Professional Writing for Accts||Required||Required||Required|
|559||Law for Accountants||Accounting||Required (NonAcctg)||Accounting|
|591||Estate & Gift Taxation||Taxation||Taxation|
|592||Partnership & LLC Taxation||Taxation||Taxation|
|593||Real Estate Taxation||Taxation||Taxation|
|626*||Financial Mgmt for Accts||Elective||Required (NonAcctg)||Elective|
|6402||Acct for Not for Profit Orgs||Accounting||Required||Accounting|
* Any course taken at the undergraduate level cannot be taken at the graduate level. The graduate level requirement will be waived, but the student must replace the course with an elective and obtain preapproval from the faculty advisor.
(1) Students may take either MGMT 550 or MGMT 554 for the MACCT Professional. MGMT 550 is usually offered in the fall and MGMT 554 is usually offered in the spring semester. Students must take either MGMT 550 or 554 (not both courses) to fulfill program requirements.
(2) Students may take either MGMT 640 or MGMT 643 for the MACCT Professional. MGMT 643 is only offered online in the summer. MGMT 640 is usually offered in the fall semester. Students must take either MGMT 640 or 643 (not both courses) to fulfill program requirements.