The Advanced and Tax Concentrations are each a 33-hour program of study and designed for individuals who have already earned a BBA with a concentration in accounting.
- Checklist for students admitted on or after Fall 2014.
- Checklist for students admitted on or after Fall 2009.
- Checklist for students admitted prior to Fall 2009.
Program Admission Requirements:
Admission to the concentration will require an undergraduate accounting degree or concentration.
GMAT/GRE Waiver for the Advanced Concentration
The GMAT/GRE is waived for MACCT Tax or Advanced Concentration students who have an undergraduate major in accounting from an AACSB-accredited school with a minimum of a 3.25 GPA in both upper-division classes and accounting classes.
MACCT Advisement Faculty
- Matt Pickard
- Assistant Professor
- Phone: (505) 277-3631
- Office: GSM 305
- Download Vita...
- More Information & Office Hours »
- Bio: Matthew D. Pickard is an Assistant Professor of Accounting at the University of New Mexico. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Arizona in Management Information Systems. He holds an M.B.A. in Management Information Systems and a B.S. in Computer Engineering from Brigham Young University. His research leverages embodied conversational agents (i.e., virtual humans) to maximize voluntary self-disclosure and change attitudes and behaviors. He seeks to apply his research to contexts such as auditing and fraud investigations.
In his personal life, Matt is first and foremost a family man. In his spare time, he enjoys camping, woodworking, and beekeeping.