CPA Exam Requirements
Due to the recent changes in education requirements (July 1, 2008), it's important for individuals interested in taking the CPA exam to distinguish between the requirements to sit for the exam, and the requirements to receive the actual CPA certificate.
Education requirements to sit for the CPA Exam
- Be of good moral character
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- At least 30 hours of accounting coursework, of which no more than three of the 30 hours may be in business law
Education requirements to be eligible for the CPA Certificate
- Successful completion of the CPA exam
- Completion of 150 semester hours of credit
In addition to the education requirements, an individual will also need to complete one year of experience under the direction of a CPA.
The Anderson School of Management offers a number of programs where it is possible to meet the stated requirements:
- BBA with Accounting concentration
- Master of Accounting
- MBA with Accounting concentration
Please contact the Anderson Advisement Office at (505)-277-3290 for further information.
For more information on the CPA exam please visit the following websites:
For information about CPA Course Reviews visit www.mgt.unm.edu/cpacoursereview/.